Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Saki Jane



Today is the lovely Saki Jane's birthday. I met Saki through my brother when I was a freshman in high school. She quickly became my fashion icon and even quicker than that, my friend. I was completely enamored with her! (I mean really, how often do you get to be real life friends with your fashion icon?!) She introduced me to lovely things like Modest Mouse music, leather boots and blogging! (Maybe at some point I will reveal the URL of the blog I had in high school, but it's pretty embarrassing..) I remember sitting on her floor when I was 15 as she taught me how to sew buttons and I thought she was the most fabulous person in the world. I still think that! I simply adore this woman, she is the epitome of adorable and has impeccable personal style. She is polite, sweet, a loving friend and an amazing artist! She has sewed and created many incredibly pieces for me, but of course, my all-time favorite of her master pieces was my wedding dress. She took a few ideas that I had in mind of what I wanted, put together a few sketches, created a pattern for herself and sewed the most beautiful, silk dress I've ever seen, complete with cascading ruffles down the back. The picture below does not do it justice! She is an amazing seamstress. 

Here's a picture of Saki and me from high school. I had just walked in a fashion show she was being featured in when she was around 19! So talented!

The gorgeous dress I had the privilege of wearing! 

Happy birthday, Saki! I love everything about you and just adore everything you do. You are hilariously unique, thoughtful, fun and joyful. Thank you for coming into my family's life and never leaving! Whether you are showing your support at the auction, sewing something last minute for my mom or keeping up with my crazy brother, you feel like family to me. I love you! We all love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment