Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving


We spent another wonderful Thanksgiving with our church family at the Clother's house. After sharing the good news of fried turkey with them last year, Matt was once again nominated to provide the bird for our feast. Although I had my camera strapped around me most of the evening, I didn't really end up taking pictures so the ones below are borrowed from my friend Louri:

Here's us parading one of the turkeys down to the 400 degree oil...(I would like to take a moment to remind everyone that I was a vegetarian at one point in my life. However, fried turkey is the most moist and flavorful thing I've ever tasted in my life! And only takes 40 minutes to cook; everyone should try it at least once!)

A very happy southern man.

Lots of hungry men gathered around the birds while Nathaniel and Matt slice and dice.

Getting caught sneaking more pie...

It was really easy to remember how blessed we are as we enjoyed a warm, delicious meal amongst friends who have truly become family to us. We definitely missed our blood families a lot though! The next day, we were both off work and spent it hibernating away from the Black Friday madness. We had a hilarious time trying to take our Christmas card picture by ourselves without a tripod (imagine stacked stools and books) and cooking up all our favorite Thanksgiving meals together to have leftovers for the next week. We made a big batch of spiked cider and invited a few friends over to watch Christmas movies and eat pumpkin pie (still trying to perfect the family recipe....).


Welcome, Christmas season!

2 comments:

  1. all right mrs. domestic. who taught you how to braid your pie crust? beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a lovely Thanksgiving to me! Love friends who are close like family :)

    ReplyDelete