Monday, July 29, 2013

Italian Herb & Cheese Zucchini Chips

I've been seeing recipes on Pinterest for baked zucchini chips the past few days, so when a friend dropped off a few fresh veggies from their garden, I thought I'd give them a try. I decided to spice them up a bit because if I'm going to be reaching past my Kettle Chips for these, they better be pretty good, right? So this is an altered version of this recipe.





1. Heat up 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet with one roughly chopped clove of garlic. Heat until garlic is fragrant and sizzling. Discard the pieces of garlic and remove skillet from heat, allowing oil to cool.

2. Chop the zucchini into thin slices (I used a mandolin which only took a few moments and created even slices). Press the slices between dry paper towels to draw out liquid and shorten baking time. Lay out slices on a baking sheet.

3. Brush the top of the slices (just one side) lightly with the garlic infused olive oil. Sprinkle them with a pinch of salt (they shrink when they cook so go easy or they'll be too salty), Italian herb seasoning and grated Parmesan cheese.

4. Place them in an oven and bake them for around 2 hours at 225 degrees or until lightly brown and crispy.


1 comment: