Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2013



Happy New Year! Although I'm always a little sad when Christmas is over, and the house always seems a little bare when all the decorations are put away, I'm looking forward to a new year. Between being part of a church plant and moving to a new city all in our first year of marriage, we had a pretty long year.

Matt and I pick each other's resolutions, but this year we mutually agreed to try to enjoy this next year. Create more, laugh more, relax more. Between running around working two jobs and the relationship work (I'd hardly call it work!) that comes with a church plant, I often find myself riddled with to do lists, protective over my free time and just plain stressed. When really, I live in a beautiful home with a wonderful man a few blocks away from an incredible beach in constant sunshine. I don't have specifics other than I just want to enjoy. Enjoy cooking, enjoy working, enjoy gardening, enjoy my neighbors, enjoy this fun, weird, little city we find ourselves in.


After a busy two weeks working through the holiday season, we are incredibly excited to head back south for a week. Life just slows down out there.

Once we get back, we're going to give the Paleo diet a try. I can already admit that it's not going to work for me (I have a pretty serious relationship with parmesan cheese), but the diet falls right in line with Matt's diet restrictions for Crohn's Disease, so why not?

Happy 2013! 

1 comment:

  1. when do you guys leave for the south? sounds like you need the break! :)

    ReplyDelete