Monday, May 21, 2012

Camping

After a long a week, we threw together a last minute camping trip with Bethany. We grabbed a cooler full of snacks & drinks and our tent and headed for the beach. As I mentioned before, I've never camped on the beach and usually prefer sleeping under the stars near a quiet lake nestled in the woods. The site was off the Pacific Coast Highway (Oregonians: the PCH is the winding road outlining the ocean that you see on all the car commercials) right on the beach. It was the perfect weekend. We spent most of our time watching the ocean, listening to the waves and spectating on the birds hunting for fish. Hot dogs, plaid flannels, marshmallows and card games made it the perfect summer night. It was hard to pull myself away from the sand and head home today. We ended our trip well, drinking coffee (coffee made over the fire that Bethany and I started by ourselves while Matt was sleeping, by the way) and watching the dolphins ride the waves near shore. I'm officially a fan of beach camping.






We found the perfect time to open the wine Kat & Luke thoughtfully picked out and gave to us! Enjoying some delicious PCH wine while playing cards in our tent. 






Toasted coconut marshmallows in my coffee? Yes.


A weekend highlight for me was discovering that I married a marshmallow connoisseur. Since I have a pretty serious addiction to s'mores and a long history of camp counseling, I greatly value a perfectly golden 'mallow.

Let's go back! 

5 comments:

  1. Looks like it was a lovely trip! Can't wait to try out beach camping myself. Bucket list item :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how i wish i could have been with you. sounds just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can we do this when I visit?????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like the best time ever. I ditto what Chels said :]

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've wanted to go camping for so long! Seriously it seems so much fun!

    http://olgasrecord.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete