Friday, August 3, 2012

Happy Birthday Kat!

Today is my beloved Kat's birthday! It is a joy to have her in my life. I've collected quite a number of pictures with this lady over the last five years, but here are a few of my favorites. They're all from our second summer at camp together and as you can tell, we were inseparable. Well, as inseparable as you can be when you're leading a cabin of ten girls around.



  





 These pictures absolutely kill me. One of the many things I love and admire about Kat is her ability to completely give herself over to whatever she's doing. Whether it's a conversation, a Mexican dinner or the role of a camp counselor, she puts in her whole heart. Doesn't she look like so much fun? 



Now we are both married and live a state away, but that does not slow our friendship down at all. If anything, it sustains it! I am always blessed by Kat's thoughtfulness and love through the postal service. Just the other day I came home to find a handwritten letter and a picture of our mud-covered faces from camp.

I love you Kat! If it's not obvious by the immense joy on my face in every picture, I love, enjoy and cherish your life and our friendship. Happy birthday! I wish I was there to help you celebrate your birthday over a warm, freshly baked pazookie.



1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday to Kat! I'm so happy you have her in your life <3

    ReplyDelete