Tuesday, August 21, 2012

San Diego


My beautiful cousin Jillian got married this weekend! After work on Friday, Matt and I were about to pile into the car to drive the 4-ish hours down to San Diego to join my family. We were going to grab dinner in LA and wait for traffic to die down a little bit until Matt had an ingenious idea: take the train. So we ordered a couple eTickets, headed down to the station, boarded and enjoyed mediocre wine and snacks as the sun went down.  I wasn't sure what to expect since I had never traveled by train before. At first I imagined us chasing after it, holding onto our hats and tossing our suitcases inside the door before the conductor pulled us up by our hands. That never happened, but I have to say, it's going to be disappointing driving places now. As much as I love a good road trip, taking the train was so much better than switching off driving in Friday night traffic. 




The wedding was absolutely beautiful and I am so excited for Jill! She looked so beautiful and happy. I wish I had the guts to lug around my camera that night; the pictures on my phone just don't do anything justice.

After the reception, my family headed out to fulfill one of my dire needs on the trip: to go to Miguel's and eat their delicious cheese sauce. My sister lived in San Diego all through college and she introduced me to this San Diego-only delicacy years ago on one of my visits and I couldn't leave without having it again. In fact, the next day as we were strolling around Old Town, we stopped in and got a bag of chips & dip for the train ride. (Enjoying cheese is a really big part of my life.)


  



We brought my brother back with us and he's been visiting for a few days! I'll be sad to see him go back to Portland tomorrow, he's one of my favorite people to have around. You never know what to expect.


2 comments:

  1. mama glen!! why are you so beautiful friend? i kind of wish i didn't ride around on a bike all the time, just so i could wear pretty (not functional) clothes :)

    oh you and cheese...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are way to cute!! Taking the train?! To a wedding?! I die. That sounds like entirely too much fun :) Ps I love your sunhat with the striped maxi outfit. You guys are one stylish couple. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete